Why does the skin lose elasticity with age?
When we are younger our skin works in a very productive way making plenty of Hyaluronic acid (hydration molecule), Elastin (keeps our skin bouncy) and Collagen (keeps our skin plump and youthful), however from the age of 20 our skin makes 1% less collagen and elastin every year. It’s natural cell renewal process also slows down, resulting in the skin becoming loose and crepey. External factors also contribute to skin laxity and how we live our lives has a huge impact on our skin. Ageing is a fact of life, but looking your age is a choice!
What contributes to skin laxity:
- Sun exposure – UVA rays in the sun contribute to premature ageing resulting in lines and wrinkles, UVB rays cause pigmentation and age spots
- Smoking – This is one of the most damaging things you can do to your skin, as smoking starves your cells of vital oxygen needed for normal function
- Pollution – A build up of pollution on the skin can cause pores to clog and result in skin damage
- Drinking alcohol – Alcohol has been found to reduce the skins ability to form elastin fibres
- Diet – Eating fast food and high sugar diets affect skin health and slow skin renewal processes
- Make up – Wearing thick make up that doesn’t let your skin breath slows down skin cycles
- Not using the right products – Using high street moisturiser and not regularly cleaning or exfoliating the skin will disrupt skins natural function
What should you do to prevent skin laxity?
- Preventing skin laxity and premature ageing starts with a high-quality skincare regime that should include a cleanser, exfoliator, toner, sun protection and ingredients such as Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid to keep the skin working in a productive way
- Retinol’s (vitamin A) and Growth factors are important to stimulate collagen production and repair the epidermis
- Having regular HydraFacial’s is a fantastic way to keep your skin cycles renewing and give it a monthly deep clean
What is recommended to treat skin laxity:
- A quick fix would be dermal fillers as these give an instant revolumisation but need to be maintained annually
- For more long-term effects we use HydraTite. An innovative combination technology with HydraFacial using radio frequency to tighten the skin. Dramatic results can be achieved when this is also combined with eTwo sublative treatments for a non surgical face lift.
With over 18 years combined experience in the Aesthetic industry, we have treated clients of all ages and have equipped ourselves with the right tools to manage all skin ageing concerns, while considering budget and lifestyle.
All of our treatments are results driven and clinically proven to make sure you get the youthful, healthy skin you deserve.
Scroll down to follow links to the best treatments available for skin laxity. Use the Book button to arrange a HydraTite or general skincare consultation to discuss your options further.
For more information on Skin Laxity please Click Here.
If you would like to know more about Skin Laxity please fill in the form and we will be sure to get back to you soon.
We use a range of procedures to tackle Skin Laxity
Please Click on one below for further information.
eTwo Sublative is the innovative way to resurface the skin using fractionated Radio-frequency. It smooths out wrinkles and crepey skin on the face, eyes and body while the heat element creates a tightening effect. It is safe for all skin types with minimal risk or downtime.Read More
The treatment creates a controlled wound to the skin to stimulate collagen formation and results in rejuvenated skin. It effectively treats acne scarring, body scars, lines and wrinkles, open pores, stretch marks and can be used to generally rejuvenate and freshen up the skin.Read More
Skin Laxity FAQ
Preventing skin laxity and premature ageing starts with a high-quality skincare regime that should include a cleanser, exfoliator, toner, sun protection and ingredients such as Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid to keep the skin working in a productive way.
Retinol’s (vitamin A) and Growth factors are important to stimulate collagen production and repair the epidermis.
Having regular HydraFacial’s is a fantastic way to keep your skin cycles renewing and give it a monthly deep clean.