Why do our hands age?
When we are younger our skin works in a very productive way making plenty of Hyaluronic acid (hydration molecule), Elastin (keeps our skin bouncy) and Collagen (keeps our skin plump and youthful), however from the age of 20 our skin makes 1% less collagen and elastin every year. It’s natural cell renewal process also slows down, resulting in the skin becoming lined, pigmented and wrinkled. External factors also contribute to premature ageing and how we live our lives has a huge impact on our skin. Ageing is a fact of life, but looking your age is a choice!
What contributes to hand ageing?
- Sun exposure – UVA rays in the sun contribute to premature ageing resulting in lines and wrinkles, UVB rays cause pigmentation and age spots
- Smoking – This is one of the most damaging things you can do to your skin, as smoking starves your cells of vital oxygen needed for normal function
- Pollution – A build up of pollution on the skin can cause pores to clog and result in skin damage
- Drinking alcohol – Alcohol has been found to reduce the skins ability to form elastin fibres
- Diet – Eating fast food and high sugar diets affect skin health and slow skin renewal processes
What can you do to prevent hand ageing?
- Use SPF daily – Most people apply sun protection to their face but miss out the hand. The hands are just as prone to sun exposure as the face is so apply sun protection to face and hands everyday
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle – Avoid smoking, excessive alcohol intake and sugar. Drink plenty of water and eat an antioxidant rich diet including fruit and vegetables
- Use skincare – Apply high quality cosmeceutical skincare such as retinol to the hands
With over 18 years combined experience in the Aesthetic industry, we have treated clients of all ages and have equipped ourselves with the right tools to manage all ageing concerns, while considering budget and lifestyle.
All of our treatments are results driven and clinically proven to make sure you get the youthful hands you deserve.
Scroll down to follow links to the best treatments available for the hands. Use the Book button to arrange a Hydra-Needling treatment consultation or general skincare consultation to discuss your options further.
For more information on Hands please Click Here.
If you would like to know more about Hands please fill in the form and we will be sure to get back to you soon.
We use a range of procedures to tackle Hands
Please Click on one below for further information.
The internationally renowned, multi award winning skin health treatment. HydraFacial is a multi step facial that effectively extracts congestion, softens fine lines, smooths and deeply hydrates the skin with instant results visible and long term benefits, suitable for all skin types with no pain and no downtime.Read More
The treatment creates a controlled wound to the skin to stimulate collagen formation and results in rejuvenated skin. It effectively treats acne scarring, body scars, lines and wrinkles, open pores, stretch marks and can be used to generally rejuvenate and freshen up the skin.Read More
Use SPF on your hands everyday, keep hands hydrated with ingredients such as shea butter.