What is dull skin?
When there are too many layers of built up dead skin this results in a dull complexion. When we are teenagers our natural skin cycle is 6 weeks from the birth of the cell to it naturally being exfoliated away (desquamation). As we age this process slows down, however environmental factors and not using the right products can also contribute. Simply increasing your skins exfoliating abilities will result in a shedding of this dead skin and a visibly more healthy, glowing appearance.
What can cause dull skin?
- Ageing – Skin cycles slow down as we age
- Make up – Using heavy make-up will slow your skins exfoliating ability
- Environmental – Pollution and dirt can stick to the skin and hold down dead skin cells
- Using moisturiser – Using high street moisturiser sticks down the dead skin cells and stops your skins natural exfoliating abilities
What can I do to improve dull skin?
- Keep skin clean – Cleansing twice daily is necessary to remove pollution and exfoliating 2-3 times per week will help remove the dead skin layer
- Use acids – Cosmeceutical glycolic acid is a fantastic AHA, meaning it helps remove dead skin and stimulate new cell production
- Have monthly facials – Having monthly facials will increase the cell turnover, tricking your skin into working in a way that it did when it was younger
With over 18 years combined experience in the Aesthetic industry, we have helped many people of all ages and skin types to improve their dull skin.
All of our treatments are results driven and clinically proven to instantly remove dead skin that causes a dull complexion, giving you the glowing, healthy skin you deserve.
Scroll down to follow links for the best treatments available to improve dull skin. You can use the Book button to arrange a deep cleaning HydraFacial, exfoliating dermaplaning or a general skincare consultation to discuss your options further.
For more information on Dull Skin please Click Here.
If you would like to know more about Dull Skin please fill in the form and we will be sure to get back to you soon.
We use a range of procedures to tackle Dull Skin
Please Click on one below for further information.
The internationally renowned, multi award winning skin health treatment. HydraFacial is a multi step facial that effectively extracts congestion, softens fine lines, smooths and deeply hydrates the skin with instant results visible and long term benefits, suitable for all skin types with no pain and no downtime.Read More
The treatment creates a controlled wound to the skin to stimulate collagen formation and results in rejuvenated skin. It effectively treats acne scarring, body scars, lines and wrinkles, open pores, stretch marks and can be used to generally rejuvenate and freshen up the skin.Read More
Medik8 is dedicated to producing high quality skincare products with the best ingredients at the right strengths, and with a proven track record. The brand has tailored lines for specific skin solutions. It is a vegan brand and uses recycled glass and minimal packaging to be eco conscious.Read More
Dull Skin FAQ
HydraFacial is the best skin health treatment out there. It is a 6 stage process that deep cleans and hydrates the skin giving you instantly glowing skin. By having these monthly it will increase your natural cell turnover and get your skin healthier and more hydrated.
Dermaplaning is another option for those suffering with fluffy 'peach fuzz' hair also. The dermaplaning uses a blade to remove dead skin and fine facial hair at the same time.
Regular at home exfoliation is strongly recommended to remove dead skin layers that cause dull skin. Using cosmeceutical grade hydrating products and acids will also improve this. We would recommend booking a general skincare consultation to discuss your skincare regime.