What is Acne Scarring?
Acne scarring is common in skins that have suffered with Acne. They are most commonly caused by sufferers squeezing their spots at home or picking scabs which results in their skin scarring. The scarring can appear in many different forms and treatment options will vary based on severity and main concerns.
Types of Acne Scars:
- Enlarged pores – Not always linked to acne but very common in oily skin types
- Red marks from active acne – When the skin is still making pustules and red marks are taking a long time to fade
- Red marks left from historic acne – Red patches of skin from spots that haven’t been visible for over 6 months
- Pigmentation left from historic acne – Brown, pigmented patches of skin from spots that haven’t been visible for over 6 months
- Mild indentation – Slight indents in the skin that have been caused by historic acne
- Pitted scarring – Where the acne has left deeper, very visible indents that you can feel when you run your finger over them
- Ice pick scarring – Deep holes where you can’t see the skin through them
How best to treat these scar types:
- Enlarged pores – These can be treated with cosmeceutical skincare and HydraFacial to clear and tighten pores
- Red marks from fresh spots – If you have active acne we firstly need to control this before treating the scarring. Cosmeceutical skincare will reduce oil production and regular HydraFacial’s are recommended to aid the skins healing process
- Red marks from historic acne – These can be treated with cosmeceutical skincare such as Retinol to stimulate collagen production, or a one off Innopen (micro-needling) treatment to rejuvenate the skin and improve complexion
- Pigmentation left from historic acne – Cosmeceutical skincare is essential in controlling pigmentation and reducing melanin (pigment cell) production. This can be combined with Innopen (micro-needling) for faster results
- Mild indentation – This can sometimes be treated with just cosmeceutical skincare and HydraFacial, however Innopen (micro-needling) is recommended for the best results
- Pitted scarring – We would recommend a combination of HydraFacial to improve skin health and Innopen (micro-needling) to smooth out skin texture. Ideally also combined with cosmeceutical skincare for optimum results
- Ice pick scarring – This condition requires very deep treatment, we would advise seeking advice from an Aesthetic Doctor for treatment such as CO2 laser therapy or subscision
With over 18 years combined experience in the Aesthetic industry, we have seen all grades and severities of acne scarring and have equipped ourselves with the right tools to manage nearly all conditions, while considering budget and lifestyle.
All of our treatments are results driven and clinically proven to make sure you get the clear, even skin that you deserve.
Scroll down to follow links to the best treatments available for acne scarring. Use the Book button to arrange a eTwo Sublative, Innopen (micro-needling) consultation or general skincare consultation to discuss your options further.
For more information on Acne Scarring please Click Here.
If you would like to know more about Acne Scarring please fill in the form and we will be sure to get back to you soon.
We use a range of procedures to tackle Acne Scarring
Please Click on one below for further information.
eTwo Sublative is the innovative way to resurface the skin using fractionated Radio-frequency. It smooths out wrinkles and crepey skin on the face, eyes and body while the heat element creates a tightening effect. It is safe for all skin types with minimal risk or downtime.Read More
The internationally renowned, multi award winning skin health treatment. HydraFacial is a multi step facial that effectively extracts congestion, softens fine lines, smooths and deeply hydrates the skin with instant results visible and long term benefits, suitable for all skin types with no pain and no downtime.Read More
The treatment creates a controlled wound to the skin to stimulate collagen formation and results in rejuvenated skin. It effectively treats acne scarring, body scars, lines and wrinkles, open pores, stretch marks and can be used to generally rejuvenate and freshen up the skin.Read More
Acne Scarring FAQ
Acne scars are most commonly caused by people trying to do extractions at home and squeezing too hard which causes the spot to rupture and scar. Use cosmeceutical skincare including ingredients such as salicylic and glycolic acid to reduce breakouts and stop scarring.